Maintenance is key to ensuring that your air conditioning unit runs smoothly and efficiently. But when should you schedule an AC tune-up? Read on to discover when it’s time to call the professionals.
HVAC and air conditioning units are complex mechanisms that comprise many different systems. And while they are designed to be robust and reliable, constant use takes its toll on most of their parts. For example, panels may misalign, debris and grime may build up inside, or refrigerant may start leaking, among other things.
Tune-ups extend the life of your air conditioning unit and help you nip in the bud potential problems that can be costly to repair if you ignore them.
When to Schedule an AC Tune-Up
At a minimum, you should schedule an AC tune-up once every year. However, it’s best to schedule two tune-ups per year, one before spring and another one before winter.
Regardless of the season, it’s time to call a trained professional if you identify any of these signs:
- Higher utility bills
- Your AC turns off on its own constantly
- Reduced airflow
- Your unit isn’t as efficient as it used to.
Tune-ups are designed to identify problems and reduce the wear and tear on some components. These are some of the tasks that may be included in a tune-up:
- Check refrigerant levels
- Test for leaks
- Oil motors
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat
- Measure airflow
- Inspect electrical terminals
- Check and clean the condenser coil
- Check and replace filters
More Air Conditioning Tips
These are some previous posts you can check out for more ideas, and interesting facts about your air conditioning system:
- 4 Interesting Air Conditioning facts
- Is your AC leaking water? These may be the reasons
- Sealing Air Leaks Can Improve the Efficiency of Your AC
- 4 Strategies to prevent common AC issues
- How to decide whether you should repair or replace your AC
- Make sure to avoid these basic air conditioning mistakes
Looking for an AC Tune-Up in San Antonio, TX? Contact us today!
Does your AC need a tune-up? When it comes to installing, repairing, maintaining, and replacing all brands of air conditioning in San Antonio Texas, Zero Heating and Refrigeration offers dependable service delivered with the utmost professionalism.
We are located at 4142 Hickory Sun, San Antonio, Texas. Contact us today using our website, by telephone (210-900-0824), or through our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and to schedule a repair or to get a free estimate. We also offer financing plans for your convenience!