Summer can certainly put a strain on your AC. However, by taking some simple steps you can ensure that your home stays comfortable throughout the hot season.
Summer AC Maintenance Checklist
With summer almost here, this is a good time to take some simple steps that can save you headaches—and money down the line.
- Check your air filters and change them if necessary. This is a simple task that goes a long way toward ensuring that your AC works as efficiently as possible.
- Check all components visually. Take a look at the components of your unit to identify worn-out or dirty parts. However, remember that you must not touch any electrical components if you are not trained to do so.
- Clean the outside air conditioning unit. A dirty outside unit hiders the performance of your AC. Clean it thoroughly and get rid of any debris leaves, or dirt that may have accumulated.
- Check your doors and windows. No matter how efficient your AC is, your home will never be as comfortable as it can be if your doors and windows have air leaks.
- Schedule a professional tune-up. A professional tune-up is always a good idea: it helps you ward off potential problems and ensures that your unit works without a hitch when you need it most.
More Air Conditioning Tips and Ideas
These are some previous posts you can check out for more ideas, and interesting facts about your air conditioning system:
- 3 Tips for a more efficient AC this summer
- How to tell when it’s time to replace your Air Conditioning
- 9 Common HVAC Terms You Should Know
- 4 Benefits of programmable thermostats
- What does HVAC stand for? (and other useful ac terms)
Need to Repair or Replace Your AC in San Antonio, TX? Contact us today!
When it comes to installing, repairing, maintaining, and replacing all brands of air conditioning in San Antonio Texas, Zero Heating and Refrigeration offers the best service delivered with the utmost professionalism.
We are located at 4142 Hickory Sun, San Antonio, Texas. Contact us today using our website, by telephone (210-900-0824), or through our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and to schedule a repair or to get a free estimate. We also offer financing plans for your convenience!