You see it all the time: somebody’s AC malfunctions or needs to be repaired, all because they forgot to change their filters. It’s understandable, because this is the kind of thing that slips through the cracks. With that in mind, today we bring you some ideas to help you remember to change your AC Filters.
How To Remember To Change Your AC Filters
The most straightforward way to remember to change your filters is by setting a reminder. Now, there are different types of reminders, so here are a few alternatives so you can choose the one that works for you.
- Most smartphones nowadays allow you to set reminders. To learn how to do it, just Google “how to set reminders on” + your smartphone model.
- If you have a voice assistant, you can also ask it to remind you to change your filters at a certain date.
- Another alternative is to download a reminder app. While there are many out there, we like Google Keep: in addition to setting reminders it also allows you to take notes (if you want the reminder to appear on your laptop browser, you’ll need to authorize pop-ups).
- When it comes to Apple products, the Reminders app is the go-to choice. The Apple ecosystem provides a lot of cool features, for example, any reminders you set on the Reminders app will also appear on your Apple Watch, if you have one.
- Email services like Gmail and Outlook have an associate calendar which you can use to set reminders. If you install Google Keep, any reminders you set will automatically show up on your calendar too.
- If you are not into tech or apps, the old reliable sticky notes never go out of fashion. Put them in places you see often, such as your desk, your laptop, or your nightstand.
- A printed calendar/organizer is a good way to remember to change your filters without having to rely on electronic devices.
- We encourage you to combine strategies. For example, put a sticky note on your nightstand and set a reminder on your Google Calendar or the Reminders app. This way you’ll never forget to change your AC filters!
To learn more about filters and AC maintenance, check out our previous blog, “MERV Rating for AC Filters: What You Need To Know” and “4 Reasons To Replace Your AC Filters Frequently.”
Looking to Repair or Replace Your AC in San Antonio, TX? We Can Help!
When it comes to air conditioning repair and maintenance in San Antonio Texas, Zero Heating and Refrigeration offers the best service delivered with the utmost professionalism.
We are located at 4142 Hickory Sun, San Antonio, Texas. Contact us today using our website, by telephone (210-900-0824), or through our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and to schedule a repair or to get a free estimate.