Come rain or come shine, your AC unit is always there for you. Here are four simple ways to reciprocate its reliability and show your AC some love this Valentine’s Day.
1. Replace or Clean Your Filters
This is a simple task that goes a long way toward improving the efficiency of your AC unit. Replace or change your filters according to the specifications included in your user’s manual. However, keep in mind that if your air conditioning is in constant use or if you live in a dusty environment (or with pets) your filters may need more frequent attention.
2. Clean the Area Around the Outdoor Condensing Coil
Debris of all types can build up around your outdoor condensing coil, reducing the performance of your AC. To ensure appropriate airflow, clean the area around the coil, and remove any debris such as dirt, grass clippings, or dry leaves.
3. Straighten Coil Fins
The aluminum fins on your evaporator and condenser coils can bend over time, blocking airflow through the coil. You can use a tool called “fin comb” to straighten any bent fins and ensure that your unit performs at its best.
4. Schedule a Tune-Up
Pamper your AC by scheduling a tune-up where a trained professional can perform some of these tasks:
- Check refrigerant levels
- Test for refrigerant leaks
- Check for and seal duct leakage
- Measure airflow through the evaporator coil
- Verify that the electric system works properly
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections
- Oil motors and check belts
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat
More Air Conditioning Tips
These are some previous posts you can check out for more ideas, and interesting facts about your air conditioning system:
- 4 Benefits of programmable thermostats
- What does HVAC stand for? (and other useful ac terms)
- 4 New year’s resolutions to keep your AC running smoothly
- Is your AC leaking water? These may be the reasons
- How to decide whether you should repair or replace your AC
- Make sure to avoid these basic air conditioning mistakes
Looking for AC Services in San Antonio, TX? Contact us today!
When it comes to installing, repairing, maintaining, and replacing all brands of air conditioning in San Antonio Texas, Zero Heating and Refrigeration offers the best service delivered with the utmost professionalism.
We are located at 4142 Hickory Sun, San Antonio, Texas. Contact us today using our website, by telephone (210-900-0824), or through our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and to schedule a repair or to get a free estimate. We also offer financing plans for your convenience!