Air conditioning in San Antonio, Texas, is not a luxury but a necessity, so it’s no wonder that one of the questions we get most often is “How long do AC units last in San Antonio?” Keep reading to discover the answer.
How long do AC units last in San Antonio, Texas?
Today’s Air Conditioning units are made to last between 10 and 15 years. The lifespan of your unit depends on many factors, including maintenance as well as intensity and frequency of use.
Some steps you can take to extend the life of your AC unit include:
- Changing your filters frequently.
- Scheduling professional tune-ups at least once a year.
- Keeping your outside unit clean and free of debris.
- Using energy-efficient window coverings to reduce the workload on your AC unit.
When to Replace Your AC Unit
As any other home appliance, air conditioning units have a limited useful life. Here are some signs that tell you that it’s time to replace your AC:
- Your AC is more than 10 years old (at this point you can start considering replacement, although your unit may last longer if well maintained).
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs.
- Your energy bills are going up.
- Some areas of tour home are too cool or too hot.
- Your home has humidity problems or excessive dust (your AC may be the cause).
- Your AC unit is excessively noisy.
- Your system still uses R22 as a refrigerant, which is being phased out.
More AC Tips and Ideas
These are some previous posts you can check out for more ideas, and interesting facts about your air conditioning system:
- 4 Reasons to replace your AC filters frequently
- How to tell when it’s time to replace your Air Conditioning
- 9 Common HVAC Terms You Should Know
- 4 Benefits of programmable thermostats
Need Help Repairing or Replacing Your Air Conditioning in San Antonio, TX?
When it comes to installing, repairing, maintaining, and replacing all brands of residential HVAC in San Antonio Texas, Zero Heating and Refrigeration is your best option. We are located at 4142 Hickory Sun, San Antonio, Texas. Contact us today using our website, by telephone (210-900-0824), or through our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and to schedule a repair or to get a free estimate. We also offer financing plans for your convenience