Spring is officially here, and that means that it’s time to perform some basic maintenance on your air conditioning unit. Here’s everything you need to know.
Change Your Filters
This is evergreen advice because regardless of the season, checking and changing your filters if necessary is always a smart thing to do. This is a simple task that can save you money and ensures that your home stays comfortable.
Clean the Evaporator and Condenser Coils
Dirty evaporator and condenser coils reduce the efficiency of your unit, causing your energy bills to spike and taking years off the lifespan of your unit. Clean your coils yourself or call a professional to do it for you.
Give Your Unit a Trial Run
If you haven’t been using your unit regularly, give it a trial run to ensure that it’s working properly. First, change the filter and clean the coils. Then let the unit run for at least 30 minutes. That should be enough to allow you to detect any potential problems.
Schedule a Tune-Up
Scheduling tune-ups at least once a year ensures that your unit runs smoothly when you need it most. Contact an air conditioning professional for a spring tune-up which may include:
- Checking refrigerant levels
- Detecting refrigerant leaks
- Checking ducts
- Measuring airflow through the evaporator coil
- Taking a look at the electric components of your unit and verifying the electric sequence
- Oiling motors and checking belts
- Checking the accuracy of the thermostat.
More Air Conditioning Tips and Ideas
These are some previous posts you can check out for more ideas, and interesting facts about your air conditioning system:
- 9 Common HVAC Terms You Should Know
- 4 Benefits of programmable thermostats
- What does HVAC stand for? (and other useful ac terms)
- 4 New year’s resolutions to keep your AC running smoothly
- Is your AC leaking water? These may be the reasons
- How to decide whether you should repair or replace your AC
Looking for AC Services in San Antonio, TX? Contact us today!
When it comes to installing, repairing, maintaining, and replacing all brands of air conditioning in San Antonio Texas, Zero Heating and Refrigeration offers the best service delivered with the utmost professionalism.
We are located at 4142 Hickory Sun, San Antonio, Texas. Contact us today using our website, by telephone (210-900-0824), or through our social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter and to schedule a repair or to get a free estimate. We also offer financing plans for your convenience!